Last updated: July 2021
Realworld cares about your privacy. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as needed for us to deliver our services.
What information do we collect?
We collect most of what you may consider personal data when you create an account or edit your account details.
We collect other information when delivering our services, for example:
- Account related information such as account number, location data and language.
- Cookies which are used to enable you to maintain a localised logged-in experience.
- Data about usage of services when you use and interact with our services. This includes the action taken, date and time of action, location information including IP and account ID. The location data is an approximation of your location based on your IP. This usage data helps us improve the service and identify any fraud or security risks.
- Supplemented data about you from other sources, including publicly available databases so that we can:
- update, expand and analyse the accuracy of our records
- identify new customers
- provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
You may give us personal information about others. Likewise, others may give us your personal information. We will only use that information for its intended purpose.
How we use information
We use the data we collect to deliver our service and as required for legal compliance. These uses include:
- Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing the services we provide to you. We use this information to:
- Improve the operation of our services
- Identify any security risks or improvements to the services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our services and systems
- Collect statistics about the use of our services
- Understand how you use our services
- Sharing with trusted third parties. We may share your personal data with affiliated companies within our corporate group or with trusted third party service providers as necessary.
- Communicating with you. We may contact you about service related information. We may also contact you with offers where allowed based upon legitimate interests. Communication methods may include:
- Text (SMS) messages
- Telephone calls
- Automated phone calls or text messages.
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law.
- Website analytics. We use web analytics tools such as Google Analytics to collect information about how you interact with our website, including what pages you visit, what site you visited prior to visiting our website, how much time you spend on each page. We use the information provided by these tools to improve our services.
How you can access, update or delete your data
To access, view, update or delete your personal data (where available) please sign into your account and visit your settings page.
If you make a request to delete your personal data, your request will be honoured only to the extent it is no longer necessary for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
How we secure, store and retain your data
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including the use of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations; for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.